Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Variation of Viv

| |

Okay-this post should be difficult, this post should be hard but then I found this book--one of the weight loss books I made myself when I was at the beginning of this endeavor--February 21, 2002 to be exact.  In a little over a month I will be at one decade in this journey to get fit, turning 30 in a little over 4 months and so excited when I look back at the wisdom I have gained in this area.  I am not sad about posting these pictures I am ecstatic!  I still have so much to learn and a lot to do but I am excited because I know I can do it!  I look at myself and I say I am beautiful--I can say it because I feel so great on the inside--healthy and strong--and I know without a doubt I can help the outside match the inside....without further ado--a variation of Viv...









Here are the stats:


Hieght: 5'8
Weight: 159 


Measurements:  
I measured the same places I did 10 years ago, to the side in brackets is the inches I have lost since 2002.


Ankle: 8.75 {-1.25}
Calves: 14.25 {-2.25}
Knees: 14.50 {- 4}
Thighs: 23.5 {-5.5}
Hips: 40.5 {-13.5}
Waist: 35.5 {-9.5}
Bust: 37 {-13.5}
Upper Arm: 12 {-3.5}
Lower Arm: 9 {-2}
Shoulders: 42.5 {-7.5}
Neck: 12.5 {-2.5}


Pant size: 10 {-14 sizes}


I wrote these measurements down in 2002 after losing about 16lbs first, so this wasn't even my biggest, it's a little overwhelming.


Of everything I have learned here are the two that mean the most...
First, there is no quick fix and yes you can do a fad diet and lose weight but to feel good, to feel strong long term, {which by the way is even better than being thinner}  you have to take care of your body. Put good things into it, support it with true nutrition and exercise and the weight will just come off.  What's even better is when the focus shifts from the weight to taking care of yourself you are kinder to yourself and the weight still comes off, in fact for me it came off better than when I was depriving myself and beating myself up all the time.  


And the second thing...





This was me...
The only two pictures that seem to have survived.  
I truly believe it was not my weight that was holding me back it was how I was feeling, the weight was a symptom and not the cause.  I was not taking care of myself--to be fair I hadn't yet learned how to take care of myself.  I was "dieting" and I felt great when the scale showed good results but when it didn't, I felt horrible.  Everything hinged on the numbers on that scale.  When you feel horrible your motivation dies out and you are back to square one.  I can honestly say I don't weigh myself for anything more now than curiosity.  The weight loss is a byproduct of this way of eating because just taking care of myself feels so good.  Over the last 10 years I have never been able to break through 170 and now I just broke through 160-- I am 4 lbs. from a weight I never thought I could reach and I feel awesome, I owe it all to living plant strong and my grandma for being my health advocate and to my hubby for always making me feel beautiful--no matter the size.


Funny that sounded like I was winning an award-but you know that is kinda how I feel.


Love. Love.
Viv








0 comments:

Post a Comment