Monday, January 16, 2012

P90X Day 14.....Sidetracked!

| |

Hello dear friends, it's your pal Evey.  I was not expecting the results to be as they were this past week.  I have to admit, I was expecting some positive gains.  I have been actively keeping my diet around 1500 calories.  I know, I know, I don't usually calorie count, but this P90X has it so drilled in your head, I can almost count, without counting, if you know what I mean.  I am exercising 6 days a week, but this past week, I have just been physically drained.  I don't know what it is.  I am physically exhausted and usually exercise is supposed to do the opposite. 

I started having pains in my lower left abdomen (ovaries) and also noticed a bulge down there (possible cysts).  I went to the doctor to tell him my woes, because instead of actually losing a pound, I managed to gain a pound back.  There is no way that I actually consumed an additional 3500 calories.  No way.  He seemed a little concerned and said that if I did have a cyst/PCOS, that that would contribute dramatically to not losing weight.  My body has just been feeling super bloated and I'm physically sick to my stomach now. 

So, the next step for me is an ultrasound tomorrow followed by a visit on Friday to see what's up.  Sure, it's discouraging, however, I'm more concerned about my health at this point than anything else.  There is no point in me losing all this weight, if I am physically unwell in the long run. 

I will continue to exercise, however, very lightly, as I am just exhausted.  So, for the statistics:

-2.6 (the running total).

Oh, and I only took pictures of my dinner tonight.  I totally forgot to take pictures of my breakfast and lunch!  So, the following pictures are:  2 cups of homemade butternut squash soup; and a chicken pesto caprese sandwich on homemade whole wheat french bread.  I'm not a food photographer, to say the least.  Sorry.  The chicken sandwich consisted of:

4 oz. chicken breast marinated in balsamic vinaigrette
1 oz. of fresh mozarella cheese
pesto (smeared on the w.w. bread-used as a condiment)
tomatoes

This was the first time I made the butternut squash soup.  Has anyone tried to peel one of those???  So not fun.  I don't know if I'll have this soup again...at least not this recipe.  It had onions and apples in it and a hot curry powder.  I was envisioning a hearty soup and it was sweet and oniony and hot at the same time.  It was okay for the 1st cup...2nd cup, I couldn't even stomach.

The sandwich was divine.  I could eat that all the time.  It would also be great as a vegan version to marinade the veggies and roast them in the oven, with some yummy vegan rella cheese and all the other yummies on there.  The bread was so good and vegan/vegetarian friendly as well, and I bet would taste even better toasted.

Overall, I want you to know that I am still on track.  I am doing the best that I can.  I know I'm not losing weight like the next girl, but I'm okay.  You work with what you're given and the Lord makes up for the rest.  I know that to be true.  It all works out if you work your hardest. 

Love, Evey


0 comments:

Post a Comment