Monday, January 30, 2012

P90X Day 30-Small Progress

| |

So, as I have reviewed this past month, I am disappointed in myself.  Not so much in the weight lost/inches lost, but in my ability to not be committed.  I noticed that as time went on, if a little bump in the road came up, it would almost paralyze me and make it so hard for me to pick myself back up the next day and inadvertently, I didn't.  It was a spiritual lesson for me that I hope to always remember....

As with anything in life, when bad things happen, or when we are de-motivated, the thing that we should do and the thing that would help the most, is usually the last thing that we want to do.  This weekend has been a rich learning experience for me...because I learned a lesson that applies to everyone, everywhere both spiritually and every other way.  I read a talk yesterday by President Thomas S. Monson (The President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).  It's entitled "Living the Abundant Life".  It was awesome.  I had read it before, but this time got so much more out of it. 

First of all, have a positive ATTITUDE, secondly, BELIEVE in yourself and others.  He goes on to say, "Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities.  You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith." and thirdly, have COURAGE.  "Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve.  Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”

Like Tony Horton says, "Keep pushing play...keep pushing play"  It's so true.  In order for us to reach that goal we have so desired, we need to keep moving forward.  We can fall down, but we need to have the courage to get back up....and we will, in time, reach that much desired station in life.

Weight:  132.2 (-4.4 LBS)
Arms:  12"
Waist: 29.5" (-.5)
Navel: 32" (-5.5)
Hips: 38 (-1.5)
Top Thigh: 22.5" (-1)
Top Knee: 14"
Chest-32" (-.5)
Calves: 13, 13.25"

1 comments:

Mama, Papa and Izzi said...

Awesome EVEY!!! Awesome!

Post a Comment