Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reboot Days 2-7

| |

Hey Y'all,

Soo, I'm sure you're eager to know how the reboot has been so far for me.  Well, to be honest, it's been a roller-coaster.  I decided to start my reboot when my husband was out of town and taking care of 3 kids under 5.  Yes, I'm certifiably crazy, but I couldn't wait and wanted to do this reboot immediately.  I'm still detoxing (Day 8) and so I haven't reached that happy place with this program yet.  Maybe I should watch Happy Gilmore again to find that 'happy place'.  All jokes aside, some days are good and I have a little more steam and exercising doesn't seem so much of a bear...and some days, I am literally pulling myself around from place to place, b/c my energy level is so low.

And then, the dreaded happened on Sunday...I got this flu/cold thing and feel like junk.  But, I kept a mini-journal and here is how is goes:

day 2:  woke up and whole body hurt; face itchy-couple hives. light-headed in the morning but that seemed to subside; am following this blog http://meltdownreboot.blogspot.com/.  She had an ingredient list for this juice she bought at a juicebar called Jungle Juice.  I tinkered around and made my own version.  It is awesome.  Thanks meldownmomma!  I also started exercising-elliptical (30 minutes)-about killed me.  Fyi, I have been doing P90X, so doing the elliptical is usually not a problem, but not on the reboot....whole new animal.  You will feel like you weigh twice as much as you do and extremely out of breath.  It was tough.  But, I DID it.

JUNGLE JUICE
1 apple
3 carrots
1/4 pineapple
1 lime
1" ginger

day 3: horrible headache,  super sluggish and foggy headed.  Tried the Mean Green drink that they have on Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead-delicious...much better tasting than the normal Green Drink I have posted for day 1.  Elliptical for 30 minutes.
day 4:  Mornings are hard!  Woke up with headache and whole body hurt.   Wanted to stay in bed.  My juicer is acting psycho and it's taking me longer than normal to juice (like 30 minutes long).  It's killing me. Elliptical-breathing heavy, reduced my time to 20 minutes.  Did some ab exercises.  More energy around 10AM

day 5:  Had quite a bit of energy and cleaned the whole house.  Did lots of ab exercises. 

day 6: Felt AWFUL.  Came down with virus and lounged around a lot today.  Craving FOOD.

day 7:  Felt Junky from Flu and was zapped of energy.  Elliptical 20 minutes.  My food cravings are insane right now.  My dad sent me a new blade for my juicer to see if that would make a difference...it did a lot, but it still has it's psycho moments.  It's a really temperamental juicer.  I foresee a juicer purchase in the future.  I made my family a vegetable Penne for dinner and I almost cheated.  It looked so good.  I miss food.

Today is day 8 and I still feel awful.  I would vouch to say I feel worse, so I'm hoping this is going to end soon.  Juicing while sick has not been fun.  The pounds are melting off, though.  I have lost over 5 lbs. 

Do I think I can last 60 days?  I'm taking it 1 day at a time.  I am trying to listen to my body.  It's so hard to know what's typical, b/c I don't think there are any typical results...everyone is so different.  I am dealing with hypoglycemia, so I have to be really careful with the whole sugar intake (not too much carrot, beet or fruit juice).  I only do 1 meal in the morning of fruit and the rest veggie, which has seemed to work out okay.  The past 3 days, though, I have been hungrier, and the 3 quarts of juice that I'm drinking + the 100 oz. of water has just not been enough and I am hungry and light-headed.  So, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make more juice than I had intended. 

I am taking it day-by-day.  I know there are good benefits to me doing this, but taking care of 3 small kids and juicing and SICK is just crazy.  I wish I could go to sleep and have a juice i.v. and wake up 30 days later. 

I know, this doesn't seem like a very motivating post, so, okay, here's the motivating part----I JUST MADE A WEEK MILESTONE-YAY!!.  Quite frankly, I think 8 days without food is amazing.  My goal is another week and to take it from there.  I CAN DO IT!!!  I'm hoping by that time, I can feel an energy boost and some euphoria to push me through the next 2 weeks.

Tata for now!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment