Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A New ME! Day 1

| |

SOOoooo, I have been keeping a little secret.  Eating the P90X diet was not making me feel the greatest.  In fact, I may have been losing weight, but I was super sick a lot and just drained of energy.  There were some underlying health concerns that needed to be addressed.  I'm still exercising, but I have a slightly new direction.  I have really been feeling the need to do a juice fast...simply b/c there are lots of health things going on that I know need to be healed from the inside. 

I watched a documentary on Netflix called 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead' on Sunday.  Thanks Viv!  It changed my life.  It changed my way of thinking.  We as a whole are not eating the way we were meant to eat.  Just thinking about only getting 5-10% of nutrition out of our processed food is just amazing.  No wonder we're starving and wanting more and more all of the time.  We are starving ourselves fat!!! 

It just opened my eyes and starting today folks, yes, today, I started the beginning of my 60 day juice reboot.  If you're not familiar with the reboot, it's a product of the above documentary.  The link to their site is:  http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en 

I'm not posting pix of myself until the reboot is over.  However, my beginning stats are 132.4 pounds; my goal is to just start a new lifestyle.  I want to eat healthy for life.  I want to eat more veggies.  I want to follow this great food pyramid that they talk about on "F,S,&ND' by Dr. Fuhrman:


So, on to some great pix.  I was blown away by how many veggies I got to 'drink' today.  Here is Breakfast:
I did the 'Green Juice' that Joe does on the documentary.  It yields about 4 cups.  Here is what it looks life before going into my wonderful 25 year old Omega Juicer...which still to this day juices like a champ.  Nothing beats an Omega.  Love that monster.
Green Juice  
2 cups Kale
2 cups Spinach
1/2 cucumber
4 stalks celery
2 Green apples (I used what I had on hand)
1" Ginger root


For lunch, I had my own little concoction, we'll call 'The Red Bullet'.  It also yielded about 4 cups and wasn't quite as tasty as the Green Juice, but still okay. 
The Red Bullet
12 carrots/8 large carrots
1 apple
1 beet
4 cups spinach

And for dinner, I repeated the Green Juice.  In between juicing, I had appx. 100 oz. of filtered water.  In the morning I had hot lime water and the remainder of the day, just normal temp.  A side-effect from all this juicing that is not all that snazzy was having literally about 12 bowel movements today--all diarrhea.  I know, it's TMI, but I'm here to tell you, you may not have results like mine, but expect some changes in the bowel department.  I'm hoping that will stabilize by tomorrow, or my tushy is going to be really really hurting.

As far as hunger...yeah, there were times I was hungry.  In the morning I was a tad light-headed, but it seemed to go away.  My stomach growled, but I can do this.  I'm in it for the long haul!  Yippee.  Now, I'm going to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment